(Business. Integrity. Zeal)
April 22, 3-4 p.m.
Stowe Hall (Swang Center, room 108)
Free and open to the public.
This dynamic, fast-paced presentation modeled after the popular TED Talks format, will present 10-12-minute talks by four local businessmen and a student team selected from this semester’s business communication class. The theme is the “The intersection of Business, Integrity & Zeal.”
Speakers are Doug Smith, Anna Boon, Joe Ivey and Greg Kirby.
- Youth Minister serving the Woodbine Family Church in Nashville
- Pursuing an MBA in Non-Profit Management, with the goal of helping develop non-profit businesses in the South Nashville area
- 2013 winner of the full scholarship in Lipscomb’s Degree of Difference video contest
- An HCA executive and founder or investor in multiple companies including Passport, Quorum Health Group and Blue Coast Burrito
- Doctorate from UAB, Master’s from Duke, and B.S. from ACU
- Serves as Professor of Management and Executive Director of the Lipscomb Center for Entrepreneurship
- Teaches entrepreneurship and business strategy
- Recently concluded five years as Sr. Vice President for Advancement at Lipscomb
- Management Consultant with the North Highland management consulting firm
- Consulting experience includes change management, physician engagement strategies, and organizational development, primarily in the healthcare industry
- B.A. in Psychology and Business from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota and an MBA from Lipscomb University
BIZ Talks grew out of a SALT project for this semester’s business communication class. For more information, contact Leanne Smith at Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org.