America Recycles Day: Collection at Lipscomb Academy
To celebrate America Recycles Day, Nov. 15, 2013, Lipscomb Academy and Lipscomb University are hosting household and e-waste collections on Friday, Nov. 15, and Saturday, Nov. 16. The academy will collect item sat the elementary school campus at 4517 Granny White Pike, Nashville, and the university will collect items at the Lipscomb Academy football field at the corner of Lealand and Caldwell lanes.
Household and electronic waste will be collected along with expired drugs and recyclable materials.
Items accepted and not accepted are listed below. For more information e-mail Linda Phipps at email@example.com or call her at 615.966.6629 or call Ginger Reasonover at 615.966.6326.
Household waste items accepted on both collection days are:
- Small batteries, alkaline and rechargeable (A, AA, AAA, C, D, 9-volt, button) – No car batteries.
- Compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs) & fluorescent tubes
- Used and well-worn clothing and linens (for charity use and cloth recycling)
- Cell phones
- Mercury thermometers can be exchanged for a digital thermometer
- Empty personal-care containers, such as shampoo, conditioner, make-up, mascara, etc.
- Unused and out-of-date medications, both prescriptive and over-the-counter
- Ink cartridges
- Plastic bags (grocery store, department store, dry cleaning, etc.)
- Empty chip bags
- Aluminum cans
- Plastic beverage bottles
*No liquid wastes of any kind.
E-waste items accepted include:
Computers and Peripherals
Complete and partial systems (working or not), processors (CPUs), optical drives (CDROM, CDRW, DVD, etc), network and communications hardware (modems, routers, hubs, etc), drives (hard drives, floppy), keyboards, laptops, mice, monitors, network hardware (servers), paper tape readers and punchers, plotters, printers, tape drives
TVs (CRT, flat panel, plasma, etc), microwaves, mixers, phones (corded, cordless, and cellular), entertainment goods (VCRs, DVD players, radios and speakers but NO WHITE GOODS (including: refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers).
Barcode equipment, pagers, copy machines, fax machines, telephone systems (cordless, cellular, desk)
Cameras, recorders, alarms, VCR's, key pads
Utility and Power Equipment
CATV, cable, electric generators, gas meters, repeaters, transformers, water meters, specialty equipment, construction, production, manufacturing equipment
Aluminum, any gold bearing product, brass, copper, stainless, lead, nickel alloy, platinum, palladium, mercury, rare earth