Lipscomb launches first generation mobile app
If you are a fan of Lipscomb University, now you can carry the university around with you wherever you go!
|QR code to access the app|
The first generation of the Lipscomb University mobile application debuted this month, offering the Lipscomb community the ability to check out university news, look up contact information for faculty and staff, check the Lipscomb Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages and even look up a library book all from your cell phone.
Now available at Google Play and the Apple App Store, the Lipscomb University mobile app works on the iPhone, iPod Touch and Android phones. There is also a QR code in the myLipscomb portal that takes you directly to the stores to download the free mobile app.
The first generation Lipscomb mobile app currently offers:
- An electronic directory of all faculty and staff with phone and e-mail information (updated weekly),
- Links to Lipscomb’s YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and online news web pages,
- Ability to call Campus Security and Safety, and 911,
- Ability to search the Beaman Library website and catalog,
- A link to the Lipscomb Bisons athletic page,
- A link to an overview Google map of campus with drop pins,
- Access to financial aid and registrar records to check payment status, holds on grades, registration status and class schedules, and
- Ability to check midterm and final grades.
Additional features are currently in the works and expect to be added in the coming weeks and months. Among the next generation features users will enjoy are:
- A MyMessages icon allowing students to receive notifications on grade holds, messages from instructors and general messages and announcements;
- A more detailed map providing walking and driving directions to specific offices, and
- A link allowing employees to access human services functions.
Some mobile app features require a Lipscomb network username and password and some are available to all.
In the coming months, the mobile app features will be paired with a new myLipscomb portal, allowing more convenience of student services on both mobile and desktop computers. And watch for yard signs coming soon around campus that will include QR codes to take your smart phone directly to the store to download the Lipscomb University mobile app.