HumanDocs Film Series: Nostalgia for the Light
The 2012-2013 HumanDocs Film Series will partner with Nashville Public Television for its opening film of the season, "Nostalgia for the Light."
This latest documentary by Chilean filmmaker Patricio Guzmán uses the Atacama Desert in northern Chile -- site of one of the world's most powerful telescopes as well as repository for bones from the Pinochet dictatorship -- to ponder questions about time, history, even faith.
"Nostalgia for the Light" screens on Wednesday, Sept. 26, 8:30 pm, in Shamblin Theatre. The film will air on the PBS series "Independent Lens" in October.
- Linda Zelnik (moderator), Office of Global Learning, Lipscomb
- Thomas Kleinert, Vine Street Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Randy Spivey, Institute for Law, Justice, and Society, Lipscomb
- Alan Bradshaw, physicist, Lipscomb
- Cindy Loyola, biology major, Lipscomb
Screenings are free and open to the public.