ICS helps Christian educators bring Gospel of Luke alive for students in free seminar
By Janel Shoun on 11/2/2011
These principles of teaching can be applied to any biblical text and used to challenge all students to enter the redemptive story of God.
Formatio speakers will include Randy and Rhonda Lowry, Lipscomb president and his wife; Terry Briley, dean of the College of Bible and Ministry; Mark Black, director of the Hazelip School of Theology; and Jackie Halstead, associate director of the institute and an associate professor of spiritual formation.
Attendees will have a chance to observe Lipscomb’s required freshman Bible course, The Story of Jesus, and have a time to learn from experiences of other participants.
- Inviting students into the story of Jesus
- Principles of Faithful Study in a Narrative Context
- Leading Faculty into Deeper Waters (for administrators)
- Helping Students Identify Their Story as a Part of God’s Story
- How to Prepare: A Teacher’s Guide to the Study of Luke