By Janel Shoun on 4/29/2011
Lipscomb University will hold its 2011 Commencement Ceremony Saturday, May 7, at 2 p.m. in Allen Arena, on the Lipscomb campus, One University Park Drive, Nashville. As of this writing, 573 degrees are expected to be conferred upon students finishing their coursework in May and August 2011, the largest amount ever to be awarded in the university’s history.
Graduation activities on May 7 will include:
- Commencement ceremony, 2 p.m., Saturday, May 7, Allen Arena;
- Undergraduate reception immediately following ceremony in the Allen Arena mall area; and
- Graduate student reception 12-1:30 p.m., Student Activities Center
The ceremony will feature comments by Lipscomb President L. Randolph Lowry and recognition of the 2011 Alumnus of the Year, Dr. Mike Adams, president of the University of Georgia.
The university will award its first Masters of Human Resources and Masters of Arts in Christian Ministry degrees to August graduates at the ceremony. In addition, Lipscomb’s first three recipients of the Post 9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program scholarships will be receiving their degrees for August graduation.
Ongoing enrollment increases and the addition of new graduate programs in the past few years continue to increase the number of graduates at Lipscomb’s annual graduation ceremony.
As of this writing:
- The university expects to confer 573 degrees to May and August graduates;
- The 2011 graduating classes of May and August include 211 master’s level graduates in education, business, conflict management, sustainability, ministry, psychology and exercise science; and
- Lipscomb University will award 362 bachelor’s degrees in arts, science, business, nursing, fine arts, social work and music.