Music Teaching Major (Vocal/General Music)
B.M. in Music Education
Total Music Hours Required - 61-65
1. General Education Required of secondary and K-12 teacher education students. See the Department of Education section.
2. Professional Education
A. Core Professional Education
B. Specialized professional education Music 4202, 4213, 4243, 4412 or 4232.
3. Subject Matter Specialization
|Specific Courses Required:||Hours|
|1111||Sight-Singing, Ear-Training I - SP||1|
|1121||Sight-Singing, Ear-Training II - F||1|
|1133||Theory I - SP||3|
|1143||Theory II - F||3|
|2111||Sight Singing, Ear-Training III - SP||1|
|2133||Theory III - SP||3|
|2143||Theory IV - F||3|
|2402||Music Literature - SP||2|
|3112||Form and Analysis - SP||2|
|3413||History of Music I - F||3|
|3423||History of Music II - SP||3|
|4112||Orchestration - SP||2|
|4612||Conducting - F||2|
|4622||Choral Conducting and Literature - SP||2|
- Twelve (12) semester hours for credit in ensembles are required. (8 hours in a major choral ensemble and 4 hours in opera workshop or smaller ensembles.)
- Eight (8) hours of private voice for credit, or four (4) hours voice and eight (8) hours piano for credit are required, at least four (4) hours at the 3000 level.
- Enrollment and a passing grade in Music 2000 are required for eight semesters.