Music Teaching Major (Instrumental)
B.M. in Music Education degree program only
1. General Education Required of secondary and K-12 teacher education students. See the Department of Education section.
2. Professional Education
A. Core Professional Education
B. Specialized professional education Music 2843, 2852, 2881, 4224, 4243.
3. Subject Matter Specialization
|Specific Courses Required:||Hours|
|MU 1111||Sight-Singing, Ear-Training I||1|
|MU 1121||Sight-Singing, Ear-Training II||1|
|MU 1133||Theory I||3|
|MU 1143||Theory II||3|
|MU 2111||Sight Singing, Ear-Training III||1|
|MU 2133||Theory III||3|
|MU 2143||Theory IV||3|
|MU 2402||Music Literature||2|
|MU 3112||Form and Analysis||2|
|MU 3413||History of Music I||3|
|MU 3423||History of Music II||3|
|MU 4020||Piano Proficiency||0|
|MU 4632||Instrumental Conducting and Literature||2|
- Ten (10) semester hours for credit in ensembles are required. (8 hours in a major choral ensemble, 1 hour in a choral ensemble and 1 hour in an ensemble of student's choice.)
- Eight (8) hours of one instrument must be taken for credit, at least four hours at the 3000 level.
- Enrollment and a passing grade in Music 2000 are required for eight semesters.