One of the most important parts of being in college is making the best plans for when you are out. Futuro is a professional membership organization on campus that provides you with structured, career-specific development to help navigate your way from college to career. It is an inclusive group primarily for Latino college students or students interested in Latino culture.
The FUTURO program is an inclusive organization that engages Latino college students in the process of professional development with four areas of focus: professional development training, internships and career mentoring, professional networking, and community building.
Futuro focuses on three areas of professional development: Career readiness, internships and career mentoring, and community building. We do that by:
- Promoting career readiness (resume writing ,business etiquette, public speaking, business attire, interview skills, social media use, writing business emails and leadership seminars)
- Providing internships and career mentoring (mentorship for leaders with Caterpillar Financial)
- Networking Opportunities (partnerships with area businesses)
- Commitment to Community Service
(Casa Azafra´n and facility workers appreciation)
And, best of all, we have fun! Participate in:
- Hispanic Heritage Month events
- Latino New Year's tradition
- Game Nights
- Fall Fiesta
- Christmas Party
- Dia de la Amistad
Annual membership dues give you all these benefits, plus membership in TLACC, club jerseys and more!
To join or for more information, contact email@example.com or stop by the Office of Campus Life in Bennett Campus Center, first floor.