Where Independence Is Balanced By Introspection
In Middle School, young people begin to develop into the independent adults they will become. We guide them on their transformative journey as they deepen their love of learning and of God.
The period from fifth to eighth grade is pivotal in a young person’s life, from the physical changes to the intellectual and spiritual development they experience. At Lipscomb Academy, we walk alongside your child as they grow into themselves, discover their gifts, and expand their perspectives. We place a strong emphasis on critical thinking skills for middle schoolers. By learning to ask tough questions, convey their ideas incisively, and consider how they can impact the world at large, students begin maturing into thoughtful, responsible adults.
- Reading, writing practice, vocabulary, and grammar promote effective communication skills.
- Every Middle School student takes vocal and instrumental classes, enabling them to find their talents and passions.
- Students can choose among Latin, French, and Spanish.
- World geography encourages students to think of themselves as global citizens.
- In the arts, students work in multiple media to cultivate their imaginations.
During this crucial phase of growth, Lipscomb Academy asks children to examine, embrace, and defend their own beliefs. Woven throughout Middle School classes, scriptural study and lessons in applying the Bible to their own lives embolden young believers to fully become the Christians God has called them to be.