Advancing Your Career
You're one degree away from reaching your personal career potential and helping your orgaization successfully navigate today's business environment. Based on income, hiring outlook, stress level and work environment, careers in Human Resources are ranked #3 in a survey of 200 career areas, and the demand for strategic leaders in this field is expected to experience significant growth through 2020. Lipscomb University's innovative Master of Human Resources program (MHR) is the ideal program to gain the skills and knowledge needed to take advantage of these exciting trends and to advance your career by equipping an organization to succeed through its most valuable asset: its people.
Strategic and Analytic Perspective
Our program is similar to an MBA but with a stronger emphasis on specific HR functions and how to measure the human capital impact on the bottom line:
- Courses taught from a high-level, strategic perspective that prepares you to partner with senior leaders
- Understand how HR programs and policies affect your organization's overall structure and objectives.
- Learn the analytical tools and financial concepts to assess your company's programs and measure the success of your initiatives
- Curriculum approved by Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
Conflict Management & PHR/SPHR Certification Opportunities
- Offers students the training and skills for the PHR/SPHR certification and has a 100% success rate for those who have taken the exams
Builds on Lipscomb's expertise in the field of conflict management
- Earn a concentration in conflict management
- Eligible for Rule 31 Mediator certification
Created for Working HR Professionals
- Courses offered on weekends and taught by academic experts along with industry leaders from the Nashville business community
- Learn from cohort of experienced HR collegues as you discuss case studies and progress toward your degree together
- Complete a consulting project in the final course which may be a real-world business issue facing your organization
- Two years of HR work experience (three years of non-HR) required; no business prerequisites necessary
Lipscomb University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral degrees.
The College of Business is also accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for graduate and undergraduate programs.
Master of Human Resources
Swang Building, Second Floor
A partnership between the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce and young professional organizations working to engage, connect and empower young professionals to actively shape the future of the Nashville region. YP Nashville