Admission is based on a combination of many factors, including undergraduate GPA, GMAT score(s), professional experience and references. The admissions committee also considers your essay and interview in helping them assess if a Lipscomb graduate business program is the right fit for you. Full-time professional work experience is NOT required for admittance into the MBA program. A GMAT or GRE waiver may be available if you have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher AND 10 years of professional experience. Our average GMAT score is currently 530. More information on the GMAT is located below.
Students are welcome to apply to the MBA program from all academic disciplines and professions. Students with Bachelor’s business degrees from an accredited university will have met all prerequisites. Students with Bachelor’s degrees in disciplines other than business may start the MBA program but will need to complete BU 6103 Introduction to Quantitative Business Analysis prior to sitting in any graduate level quantitative classes.
The Graduate Management Admission Test or GMAT measures mathematical, verbal and analytical writing skills. Over 1,900 schools use the GMAT to help in assessing the qualifications of graduate applicants.
GMAT Test Tips
• Go to mba.com or call 1-800-717-GMAT to find the closest testing center and schedule your exam. The cost for the exam is $250.
• At the GMAT test site – mba.com – you will find official GMAT guides, free test preparation software, test taking strategies and sample writing topics.
• Study guides are available at local and online bookstores. The following study prep resources are available (these resources are subject to change; Lipscomb does not endorse these programs, but offers them as a reference):
Virtual Veritas – veritasprep.com/gmat
PowerScore – powerscore.com/gmat/locations/
Kaplan GMAT Review – KapTest.com/business
The Princeton Review – princetonreview.com/business/gmat-test-preparation.aspx
Virtual Online GMAT Prep – manhattangmat.com/home.htm
Lipscomb Graduate School of Business offers a GMAT waiver to those applicants who meet the following criteria:
• Minimum 10 years of professional work experience AND a 3.0 undergrad GPA or higher.
• All GMAT waivers must be approved through the admissions committee. Resumes and transcripts must be submitted to document work experience and undergrad grade point averages.