The Admissions Process at Lipscomb Academy
Listed below are the basic steps for your child’s admission to Lipscomb Academy. Please call the Elementary School admissions office at 615-966-6320 or the Middle School/High School admissions office at 615-966-6409 if you have any questions regarding school programs and/or the application process.
- Complete and return this application or apply online. Please enclose the non-refundable $100 application fee.
- Elementary parents must complete and return the Transcript Release Request to the Lipscomb Academy Elementary Admissions Office for students entering first grade or higher. Elementary parents of all grades are also required to submit the provided Teacher Recommendation form to the student’s most current teacher. Additionally, the student is required to participate in a visit/testing day. Middle School and High School students are tested, if there is question of placement.
- Middle and High School parents must complete and return the Transcript Release Request to the Lipscomb Academy Middle/High School Admissions Office. Two Student Recommendation forms must be sent by the parent to the student’s principal, counselor or core subject teacher (English, Math, Science, Social Studies).
- After Lipscomb receives all pertinent information, Middle School and High School students will be scheduled for an interview. At least one parent must be with the student at this visit, but both parents are welcome. Parents of Elementary School applicants should arrange for a tour/interview at their convenience. Elementary students are not required to participate in the interview.
Important Admissions Information:
- Applications for admissions are accepted year round, however it is recommended that applications be submitted during the months of September - January.
- Initial positions are awarded to new students at the end of January.
- Positions are awarded until a grade is full then, qualified students are placed in a waiting pool.
For International Students Only:
Each year Lipscomb welcomes students from around the globe. In addition to the normal admissions procedures, international students are recommended to provide a SLEP or TOEFL score. The Lipscomb Academy code is: 3216