FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is my child required to take an admissions test?
All students Pre-K – 4th grade are required to participate in an assessment measuring the social, emotional and academic skills of the applicant. Once all pertinent information is collected, Middle and High School students are tested if there is a question of placement.
What is your minority population?
Lipscomb Academy's minority population is 14 percent.
We do not attend the Church of Christ. Is Lipscomb a school for us?
Yes, Lipscomb is open to families of all denominations and religious backgrounds.
Does Lipscomb offer financial aid?
Lipscomb does offer financial aid to students. Families are asked to submit a Parent Financial Statement (PFS) to School Scholarship Services (SSS) to determine need. The only students ineligible to receive financial aid are high school varsity athletes per TSSAA Division I rules.
How is Lipscomb Academy accredited?
Lipscomb is triple accredited through the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS), the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS) and the National Christian Schools Association (NCSA). At one point, Lipscomb was the only school in the country with this prestigious triple accreditation.
What is the student/faculty ratio at Lipscomb Academy?
The ratio of students to faculty is 14 to 1.
What is the student enrollment at Lipscomb Academy?
Enrollment for the 2013-2014 school year is 1302 in PreK-12, making Lipscomb the largest private school in middle Tennessee.
What kind of school is Lipscomb Academy?
Lipscomb is a premier faith-based, coeducational, college preparatory school serving students in grades PreK-12. Since its inception in 1891, Lipscomb has pursued a mission of faith and learning, with attention given to developing a child socially, physically, spiritually and academically.
What separates Lipscomb Academy from the other private schools in the area?
Besides being a faith based coeducational, college preparatory school, Lipscomb is unique for its affiliation with nationally renowned Lipscomb University. Every family and student at Lipscomb will experience opportunities and advantages because of this distinctive partnership. To learn more click here. In addition, despite maintaining a wonderful pupil teacher ratio of 14 to 1, Lipscomb continues to be the largest private school in the middle Tennessee area allowing it to provide numerous programs and offerings.
- Private Tours offered daily at your convenience.
- Uniforms are purchased through Mustang Marketplace, our school store, located in Harding Hall.
- Lipscomb is a faith-based, co-educational, college preparatory school Lipscomb offers over 60 different athletic teams available Middle through High school.
- Lipscomb offers a variety of Fine Arts offerings including visual arts, drama, chorus and band.
- Admissions Open Houses are offered 2 times a year.
- Need based financial assistance is available in every grade.
- Over 300 computers available on campus for student use.
- 100% of 2013 graduates went on to higher education.
- 60% of graduates earn college credit while still in High School
- Over 25% of eighth grade students will earn High School credit prior to entering High School.
- 70% of faculty hold a Master’s degree or beyond.
- Faculty members have an average 17 years of teaching experience.
- Our Elementary School earned The Governor’s Award for Excellence in Environmental Education in 2013
- Over 50% of sixth grade students qualify for the Duke Talent Identification Program.
- 25 countries are represented in the international student population.