Setup Lipscomb WIFI:(Lipscomb WiFi is only available on campus)
- Choose Settings then WiFi.
- Choose LUBisonNet
- Enter your Lipscomb username and password.
- Choose Join on the keyboard.
To setup e-mail, notes, and calender:
Turn on IMAP:
- Sign in to Lipscomb e-mail (http://start.lipscomb.edu).
- Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes.
On your iPad/ iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account...
- Tap Gmail
- Enter your account information, being sure to use your full Google Apps email address (ex: email@example.com)
- In the Description field type LU Gmail
- Tap Next
- Tap Save
Turn on Passcode Lock:
Tap Passcode Lock
Tap Turn Passcode On
For a longer and more secure passcode slide the Simple Passcode option from On to Off
This will give you the option of using letters and numbers with more than 4 characters.
If you forget your passcode you will not be able to use your iPad.
By default only your primary calendar will be synced to your device. You can sync additional calendars by visiting the following page from any web browser:
Select the calendars you'd like to sync, and click Save. The selected calendars will display on your device at the time of the next sync.
To setup Contacts syncing with LU Gmail:
1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account....
4. Select Microsoft Exchange. OS 4.0+ now allows multiple Exchange accounts. However, if you're on a device that doesn't let you add a second account, you could also use CalDAV to sync Google Calendar and IMAP to sync Gmail.
Enter Account Info
5. In the Email field, enter your Lipscomb email. You may see an "Unable to verify certificate" warning when you proceed to the next step.
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your Lipscomb firstname.lastname@example.org as the Username. ex:email@example.com. DO NOT use firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Enter your Lipscomb password as the Password.
8a. In the description field enter LU Exchange Gmail.
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
9a. Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears. You should see a spinning gear at the top of the dialog box. This process may take up to 5 minutes or longer.
10. When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
12. Turn on the Calendar and Contacts. Turn Mail off.
13. Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your iPad, select the Keep on my iPad option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.
If you want to sync only the My Contacts group, you must choose to Delete Existing Contacts during the Google Sync install when prompted. If you choose to keep existing contacts, it will sync the contents of the "All Contacts" group instead. If there are no contacts on your phone, the latter will happen -- the contents of your All Contacts group will be synced.
Go back to the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars screen. Scroll to the bottom and select Default Calendar. Select the Calendar under LU Exchange Gmail. This will allow you to invite other guests when you add Calendar events.
You've set up Google Sync! Synchronization will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your device. You can also open the Mail, Calendar or Contacts app and wait a few seconds or more to start a sync.