W.E.B. Du Bois Intercultural Honor Society
The purpose of the Intercultural Honor Society is to promote academic excellence, to enhance leadership and to facilitate service work in the community. The society honors students of color for succeeding academically, provide incentives to maintain scholarships and encourage others to travel the same path. Students will be nurtured by faculty and staff and will interact with students from various disciplines.
Members of the honor society will have the distinct opportunity to engage with local city and government leaders as well as benefit from group outings and leadership training. Because students will engage in several hours of service work, students who complete service hours will receive SALT service hours. Though not required but highly encouraged, members will have the opportunity to engage in a SALT capstone project and upon completion will become SALT scholars.
- Membership by invitation only. Eligible students will be invited once during each academic year
- Candidates must have completed one academic year at Lipscomb
- Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.3
- Membership is open to undergraduate students from all academic disciplines
- Members will be required to complete 15 service hours per semester in order to graduate with honor cords.
- Graduation cords
- Certificate of membership and pin of honor
- Leadership and career development
- Distinguished as an academic scholar among family, peers, faculty and staff