A welcome from the director
Choosing a school of theology goes beyond a particular degree you can obtain. It’s about the personal journey you take as you study Scripture, church history, Christian thought and personal formation. At the Hazelip School of Theology, you will not only experience the academic subject matter, but you will also learn how it affects the pursuit of ministry in all its forms. Get a deeper understanding of the process of theological discourse and grow as a Kingdom witness wherever you may find yourself. As one of only a handful of ATS-accredited graduate schools in the region, Hazelip offers the academics you would expect. Our location in Nashville supports our commitment to ministry with a large urban—and urbane—community full of service opportunities.
So come here for the intellectual challenge and the personal transformation. Leave here for others.
Dr. Mark Black
Director, Hazelip School of Theology
Professor of New Testament
Key things to know about Lipscomb’s Hazelip School of Theology
- Accredited by the Association of Theological Schools
- Offers the Master of Christian Ministry (M.A.C.M.) Master of Theological Studies (M.T.S.), Master of Divinity (M.Div.), Doctor of Ministry (D. Min.)
- Taught by faculty with life experience in congregational ministry
- Online and alterative class formats that fit busy lifestyles
- Faith-affirming learning that engages the important questions of contemporary society
On campus - Ezell 224