The standard for admissions into our programs (M.Div., M.T.S., or M.A.C.M) is a baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation with a cumulative grade point average during the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate work of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
An applicant holding an unaccredited degree and/or a low undergraduate GPA (2.00-2.74), or one who is within one semester of completing a bachelor's degree, may be considered for conditional admission. Students with an undergraduate GPA below 2.00 cannot be admitted to the graduate program as either a graduate student or a conditionally admitted student.
To be considered for admission to the Hazelip School of Theology, applicants must submit all of the above items at least three full weeks prior to the first day of class. To view Lipscomb University's Academic Calendar, click here.
To be considered for admission to the Hazelip School of Theology (MDiv, MTS, or MACM), a student must submit the pieces listed below.
2. Self-evaluation essay This is a 750-1000 word essay concerning your religious heritage, career goals, and how the degree program will contribute to the achievement of those goals.
3. Three reference forms Request one from each of the following through the online application site.
- University professor or administrator
- Church minister or leader
- Employer or professional
If your recommender has technical difficulties with the application e-mail request, you can also send this form to them directly.
4. Official transcript(s) They must be from each undergraduate institution where you earned credit (one must show degree conferral) as well as prior graduate institutions. If you need a transcript from Lipscomb University, go to the Office of the Registrar's site in order to request one. They can send your transcript through campus mail, but we cannot request it for you.
Please send all transcripts to:
Attn: Hazelip School of Theology
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204-3951