Administrative Assistant Univeristy Athletics
We currently have the following opening in the University Athletics Department:
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Associate Athletic Director – Compliance and Associate Athletic Director - Academics
Primary Function: Provides general clerical, project management, and administrative support for NCAA compliance & academic programs in the University Athletics Department.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a good working knowledge of the NCAA compliance manual
- Have a good working knowledge of the NCAA Compliance Assistant software and Jump Forward software
- Monitor the following weekly compliance tasks: team practice hours, on-campus worker list, eligibility center prospect list
- Monitor all prospect recruiting (through Jump Forward) on a monthly basis
- Helping the Associate AD-Academics assign tutors to athletes when needed—keeping up with paperwork and Kronos matters which relate to tutoring
- Working with midterm deficiency grades to inform coaches of which players received them, contacting involved faculty to obtain information on how to help athletes, and sorting information that faculty sends back in order to distribute it to the appropriate coaches
- Working with graduate assistants to establish schedule of study hall supervisors
- Monitor other compliance-related and academic-related tasks on an as needed basis
- Monitor and maintain the NCAA Student Assistance Fund
- Maintain list of incoming student-athletes and communicate with other offices on campus
- Assist in education of coaches, student-athletes, boosters & faculty/staff
- Assist in providing NCAA rules interpretations to coaches, student-athlete and staff
- Maintain and monitor all National Letter of Intent and Financial Aid Agreement paperwork
- Assist in certification of all student-athletes (financial aid, academic eligibility, etc.)
- Assist in maintaining the filing system for all compliance forms from coaches and student-athletes
Education: High school or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: One year of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Requires computer skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Decision-making skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.