Program Coordinator and Assistant
We have the following opening in the School of Computing and Informatics:
Position: Program Coordinator and Assistant to the Director
Reports to: Director, School of Computing and Informatics
Primary Responsibility: Coordinates program activities for the School of Computing and Informatics, including event logistics, communications, project management, and budget management. Provides administrative support duties for an executive staff member, which requires considerable independent judgment, significant knowledge of policies, procedures and organization of department or program, as well as outstanding ability to communicate with high level officials both within and outside the University.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between the Director and other university offices, faculty, staff, students, and members of the community.
- Perform budget management for the School of Computing and Informatics.
- Research and prepare highly sensitive reports.
- Coordinate complex schedules, calendars, travel arrangements, and appointments between Director and visitors.
- Assist committees and others working with Director on specific projects or special events.
- Perform general office support duties including answer phones, take messages, greet visitors, open mail, operate office equipment, run errands, purchase office supplies, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Experience: Three years of related experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and decision making skills
- High level of problem-solving skills and creativity
- Coordination of complex schedules, multiple projects and special events
- Strict confidentiality
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.