We have the following opening in Information Technology:
Position: Systems Analyst
Reports to: Director of Information Security and Infrastructure
Primary Responsibility: This position manages web based and mobile software including the Learning Management System and Mobile Apps that support Lipscomb’s competency based education program. This includes interfacing with vendors, day to day operations, end user support, report production, interface customization and custom code development.
This position also involves gathering requirements on new systems, evaluating and recommending solutions, and implementation of those solutions.
Typical Duties Include:
- Fidelis LMS support, operation, and management
- Custom software and web development as needed
- Mobile App planning, deployment and support
- Tech support on Fidelis related learning tools
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Experience: 3 years of related experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience). Requires at least 1 year of Learning Mangement System and/or web portal experience in a higher education context.
Job Related Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of database administration.
- Experience working with end users to develop requirements documentation and plan and deploy solutions.
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical peers and customers
- C#, Objective C, and/or Python programming experience desired.
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.