We have the following opening in Veteran Services:
Position: Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Veteran Services
Primary Responsibility: Represent the University both on and off campus to prospective VA students, parents and other individuals or organizations involved in college selection process. Serve as the initial contact for perspective students and provide program specifics.
- Represent the University both on and off campus to prospective VA students, parents and other individuals or organizations involved in college selection process. Coordinate recruitment activities and attend military related events.
- Serve as the initial contact for perspective students and provide program specifics and financial breakdown. Connect students to appropriate counseling resources.
- Serve as veteran admission specialist. Assist veteran students with their transition from military to student life.
- Prepare each beneficiary’s academic record for compliance with VA rules and regulations. Prepare and collect appropriate documentation.
- Utilize existing marketing channels to increase exposure to our veteran services program.
- Generate statistical report by gathering admission numbers, retention rates, etc.… to evaluate recruitment success.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: One year of related experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Database management experience is preferred. Banner software experience is desirable.
- Familiarity with both PC/MAC platforms preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and execution skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Self starter and can work independently as well.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Deep commitment to confidentiality and operates with the highest level of integrity
- Values relationship and is committed to the mission of Lipscomb University
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.