Recruiting and Marketing Coordinator
We have the following opening in Graduate Studies in Engineering:
Position: Recruiting and Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Graduate Studies in Engineering
Primary Responsibility: The Recruiting and Marketing Coordinator will be responsible to the Director, Graduate Studies in Engineering for planning and implementing an effective recruitment campaign for the College of Engineering (with a greater emphasis – approximately 60% of time - spent on the graduate program activities), including informational “Open House” events, engineering professional association meetings, establish and maintain relations with major employers of engineers, working with Lipscomb University’s marketing and communications department in producing all printed and multimedia materials, and assist the University’s undergraduate recruiting efforts with students interested in engineering. In addition, the Recruiting and Marketing Coordinator will develop processes and systems for tracking potential and current student data along with tracking alumni data.
In support of the College, the Recruiting and Marketing Coordinator will also provide administrative support to the Director, Graduate Studies in Engineering including event management activities, project management, and academic advising.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deploy a recruitment strategy for meeting enrollment goals.
- Manage resources, budget and student workers (if assigned), given to meet enrollment goals.
- Travel for recruitment purposes, mostly in the middle Tennessee area.
- Maintain current knowledge of campus services, opportunities and policies.
- Build and maintain relationships with major employers of engineers, engineering professional associations and prospective students.
- Help create communications for targeted audiences that combines electronics, print and alternative media.
- Assist with development of recruitment brochures and advertisements and other marketing materials.
- Create memorable on-campus and off-campus experiences that engage prospective students throughout the recruitment, application and enrollment process.
- Provide preliminary explanation of availability of financial aid and the application process.
- Track graduates and maintain spreadsheet as to academic and/or employment placement.
- Plan and implement orientation programs and special events.
- Assists students during periods of registration.
- Build and maintain database tracking of students as it relates to courses and student profiles.
- Plan events for graduate students to meet and get to know one another better.
- Plan events for undergraduate students to meet and get to know one another.
- Plan events and programs to aid in the retention of freshmen with engineering as a major.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, professional sales or related field.
Experience: One to three years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Computer skills including a working knowledge of Word, Excel and Access.
- Strict confidentiality
- Telephone etiquette
- Strong attention to detail
- Decision making skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Perform other duties as assigned
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.