Manager of Marketing Videography and Web Content
We have the following opening in University Communication and Marketing:
Position: Manager of Marketing Videography/Web Content
Reports to: Vice President, Communication and Marketing
Primary Function: The Lipscomb University Manager of Marketing Videography/Web Content will be responsible for the ongoing production of video and written content assets for the university website, social media assets and other channels as assigned. The candidate must also have proven ability to effectively collaborate with partners across the marketing communication organization to implement video and interactive content that is aligned with the university’s brand, values and goals. The outstanding candidate will have the ability to create digital tools such as infographics.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of University Communication and Marketing (UCM) creative staff to conceptualize, plan storyboards, write and produce scripts.
- Creating needed video content for digital properties, included but not limited to websites and social media outlets, as well as videos that further the mission of the university in other uses, using latest technology
- Using design and media technology to help visually communicate complex ideas and processes
- Providing project direction for shooting, editing and duplication process, including planning and management of project time lines
- Researching and obtaining copyright permissions when and where needed
- Maintaining and operating video equipment
- Managing new social media projects from planning through measurement phases
- Assist Director of Creative Services in developing web and digital media content.
Education: Bachelor's degree in film, journalism, communication, media arts or related field or equivalent in education and experience.
Experience: Experience in higher education, creating videos intended for web and social media, creating motion graphics, conducting interviews and knowledge of graphic design and typography best practices is preferred.
Job Related Skills:
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Macintosh OS X and related programs and systems
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Audio/Video editing software (Final Cut Pro, Motion and Logic Pro, preferred or experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition)
- Knowledge of and proficiency with desktop publishing applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Apple Pages, Numbers, Keynote; and other software as needed
- Proven ability to manage projects and adhere to set project goals
- Ability to produce results by leveraging resources, building relationships, and by being adaptable and flexible to change
- Ability to multitask and to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Ability to stay up to date and learn new software as needed to create content
- Ability to keep creative team aware of new software and technologies
- Proven understanding of basic communication and marketing principles and ability to apply technical tools to create desired marketing outcomes
- Comfortable in shifting quickly between strategic and tactical modes of work
- Project management, relationship management, collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be effective and creative in a high matrix/cross-functional/limited-resource environment
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.