ETS Maintenance Engineer
We currently have the following opening in Entertainment & Technical Services:
Position: ETS Maintenance Engineer
Reports to: Director of ETS
Primary Function: Provide hardware and software support including repairs for faculty, staff, student, and outside clients including computers, routing and system interfaces, and all event technical requirements. Support project installations involving classroom/event spaces and audio/video/lighting equipment. Assist ETS and its clients on & off campus in selection, setup, and use of all devices used in event production (sound, lighting, video).
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues for all ETS computers, system devices, and control surfaces both in event classrooms, broadcast suites, and performance venues
- Maintain audio/visual equipment inventory including wireless systems, dmx protocol devices, motor controlled lighting fixtures, all entertainment gear
- On occasion, provide mobile support and services on Lipscomb’s behalf
- On occasion, communicate with and coordinate outside vendor services
- Maintain ETS computers and their proprietary interfaces
- Install, test, and deploy new software/software upgrades to ETS users
- Assist ETS Director with campus technology purchases and technology options
- Facilitate and manage departmental software license requests for events needs
- Deliver, train, and set up audio, video, projection, and lighting systems
Education: Associate’s degree in computer science, electronics, or related field required.
Experience: Requires five years of related experience in (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Able to troubleshoot hardware and software issues digital and analog
- Fluent in Microsoft Windows operating system
- Working knowledge of Apple products
- Able to troubleshoot & repair audio/video/lighting equipment
- Working knowledge of event services and broadcast production
- Customer service driven
- Able to multi-task
- Able to prioritize
- Must be flexible
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.