We currently have the following opening in Information Technology:
Position: Microcomputer Technician
Reports to: Manager, Technical Support
Primary Function: Provide hardware and software support for faculty, staff, student, lab, and classroom computers. Support classroom and lab audio/visual equipment. Assist faculty and staff in selection, setup, and use of computing resources.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues for all faculty and staff computers as well as all campus labs and classrooms
- Maintain classroom audio/visual equipment
- On occasion, provide mobile device training and support
- On occasion, communicate with and coordinate outside vendor services
- Maintain computer and audio/visual equipment
- Install, test, and deploy new software/software upgrades to campus users
- Facilitate campus technology purchases and leases
- Facilitate and manage departmental software license requests
- Deliver and set up computer systems
Education: Associate’s degree in computer science or related field
Experience: Requires two years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Able to troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Fluent in Microsoft Windows operating system
- Working knowledge of Apple products
- Able to troubleshoot audio/visual equipment
- Working knowledge of printers
- Customer service driven
- Able to multi-task
- Able to prioritize
- Must be flexible
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.