Director of Graduate Student Services
We have the following opening in the Lipscomb University College of Business:
Position: Director of Graduate Student Services
Reports to: Associate Dean for Graduate Studies
Primary Function: The Director of Graduate Student Services provides leadership in the creation, implementation, and coordination of programs designed to retain and fully engage graduate students in the College of Business’s mission.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, develop, facilitate, and implement a student retention relationship management system. Lead a coordinated and deliberate effort to actively engage current students in educational and networking activities to enhance retention.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with students to provide academic advising. Develop, initiate, implement and monitor a plan of action as necessary.
- Create and implement a comprehensive career development strategy that will increase Lipscomb’s partnerships with employers and ensure key constituencies are actively engaged in the College of Business’s mission.
- Proactively seek new collaborative relationships with graduate students and alumni networks, which would mutually benefit the College of Business and alumni, and ultimately the College’s graduate students.
- Focus on relationships with graduate students and alumni for future growth opportunities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Master’s degree in a business field strongly preferred.
Experience: Three (3) to five (5) years of business and management experience required (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Commitment to the College of Business and its mission, programs, and future aspirations.
- Strong, collaborative, energetic individual with a deep personal commitment to the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strong organizational skills with an appreciation and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A results-oriented individual who demonstrates the ability to work well with people at all levels of an organization, warmly develops relationships with diverse constituencies, and simultaneously employs keen judgment.
- Maintains open communication with the Associate Dean for Graduate Studies, students, business partners, and alumni.
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
?Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.