Administrative Assistant for the Ayers Institute
We have the following opening in the Ayers Institute for Teacher Learning and Innovation:
The Ayers Institute for Teacher Learning and Innovation, a partnership between Lipscomb University's College of Education and the Ayers Foundation, will serve as a clearinghouse for best practices in training teacher-leaders and school leaders who will positively impact student outcomes; for improving teacher practice through individualized professional development; and for developing innovative educational ideas.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Primary Responsibility: Provide general clerical, secretarial, and administrative support for one or more individuals, an office, or a department.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop office processes and procedure for the Ayers Institute
- Monitor and oversee the daily operation of the Ayers Institute
- Perform all administrative services as needed
- Build relationships with appropriate clients and community
- Support the development and maintenance of relationships with clientele
- Field inquiries from general public about the institute
- Assist program director with project and event development opportunities
- Plan meetings or events based on client needs including handling all bookings, serving as the primary contact for clients, overseeing all logistical details related to meetings and events
- Coordinate the involvement of outside vendors and internal Lipscomb University faculty and departments as needed for meeting or events
- Manage reservation, billing, and payment processes
- Serve as liaison for Ayers Institute with Lipscomb University event management coordinators, staff, ETS, and catering
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: 1-3 years of related experience; experience in office administration; experience in event planning, marketing, and promotion (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, inter-office and communication skills
- Strong computer skills with Word, Excel, database entry, and ability to update website content
- Outstanding organizational and scheduling skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to represent the Ayers Institute and generate client leads
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive image of the institute to the public
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, professional environment
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.