Student Account Representative
We have the following opening in the Lipscomb University Business Office:
Position: Student Account Representative
Reports to: Bursar
Primary Responsibility: Responsible for all aspects of student accounts, including follow-up on past-due accounts.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for collection and follow-up, to include communication with students to resolve outstanding balances for all assigned accounts prior to graduation or withdrawal from the school to ensure timely collection of student receivables.
- Provide excellent customer service as the primary contact for students, parents, personnel and other involved parties concerning student bills.
- Acts as a point of contact to handle student account inquiries and follows-up with all received emails and voicemails same business day.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of student payment plans.
- Verifies and posts credit balance refunds.
- Manage student accounts for Yellow Ribbon and other Veteran students.
- Requires ability to work with multiple technology platforms to provide coherent, accurate, and succinct answers to parent and student inquiries.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
Education: An Associate’s degree in Business or Accounting or related field is required. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Experience: One year of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Must be committed to providing a high-level of customer service and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to work independently and be detail-oriented.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively perform in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, collections, and financial aid processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and ability to learn and use additional software technologies.
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.