We have the following opening in the Lipscomb University Service Operations Department:
Reports to: Housekeeping Supervisor
- Clean and maintain hard surface floors.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Clean and maintain assigned areas.
- Perform general cleaning duties such as empty trash, dust or wet mop floors and stairwells.
- Disinfect bathroom and kitchen fixtures and plumbing, water fountains, lockers, windows, chalk/white boards.
- Replenish supplies such as tissue, soap, paper towels, etc.
- Perform special cleaning assignments; determine appropriate cleaning chemical used to wash various surfaces.
- Select appropriate equipment and technique based on type of surface, location, and when area will be re-opened to pedestrian traffic.
- Maintain equipment to include minor repairs.
- Report restoration needs on highly soiled or worn surfaces.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: At least one year of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Ability to operate stripping, polishing and shampooing equipment
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.