Global Learning Program Assistant
We currently have the following opening in Global Learning:
Position: Global Learning Program Assistant
Reports to: Director of Global Learning
Primary Function: The Global Learning Assistant recruits and prepares students to live and study in another country. The position is often administrative, with tasks related to program and project management.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
Student Relationship Management, Administration & Advising:
- Meet with students individually/groups to build campus awareness of Global Learning opportunities, and to help students select the appropriate programs; maintain prospective student and applicant database.
- Hold information sessions for prospective students and their parents to build participation in GL opportunities.
- Deliver training workshops and informational sessions on cross-cultural adaptation, insurance, visas, safety, and local etiquette for students, faculty and staff; assist with the planning and presentation of general orientation and re-entry sessions.
- Advise students, faculty, staff and parents regarding Lipscomb’s administrative policies and procedures related to programming.
- Execute social media communication strategy on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube.
- Proactive creativity in recruiting applicants using info sessions, classroom visits, former participants, student organizations and online tools.
- Interview and screen applicants; maintain communication with applicants and informing students of deadlines and admission decision.
- Finalize student roster; confirm minimum enrollment needed when all payment contracts are received in the Global Learning office.
Preparing for Departure:
- Develop a program calendar for domestic and in-country course-related and extracurricular activities.
- Finalize program logistics: verify reservations, negotiate final prices and secure resources (instructors, guests, classroom, travel, housing, food, tickets, transportation, activities, etc.).
- Finalize program budget and make any needed adjustments based on enrollment, final logistics, etc.
- Arrange for any advance payments or deposits; collect invoices from vendors and forward to GL Director for payment processing.
- Maintain Emergency Contact information to keep on file for the duration of all programs; register the trip with the U.S. State Department.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: One to three years of experience in a related field (or an equivalent combination of education and experience). Experience living abroad is required.
Job Related Skills:
- A strong commitment to the mission of Lipscomb University
- Excellent speaking, communication, and writing skills
- Strict confidentiality
- Decision-making skills
- Initiative and independent skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Desire and ability to learn
- Enjoys working with a variety of people
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.