Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations
We currently have the following opening in University Development:
Position: Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations
Reports to: Assistant Vice President for Grant and Corporate Relations
Primary Function: The Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations will build long-term strategic partnerships between the university and foundations/companies.
- Works with Assistant Vice President for Grant and Corporate Relations to create and implement strategies for managing foundation and corporate prospects and soliciting them for major gifts.
- Develops, shapes, and negotiates institutional and/or programmatic project ideas for funding consideration with internal and external constituents. This task may include developing the project idea and project budget, establishing support for the project within internal entities, and assisting faculty/staff in developing proposal package for submission.
- Assists university leadership and faculty in cultivating relationships with local, regional, and national foundations and corporations that have interests common to Lipscomb’s.
- Maintains an active portfolio of foundation and a limited number of corporate prospects with major gift potential.
- Provides leadership and manages the university’s institutional relationships with foundations and corporations.
- Works with the university’s other development officers, when needed, in developing funding proposals that connect corporations’ interests with Lipscomb initiatives.
- Writes grants and prepares grant application packages to foundations and corporations.
- Travels to meet with potential donors, as necessary.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience: Five years experience, preferably in higher education, development, fund raising or equivalent experience in a non-profit institution or industry (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates effective teamwork, leadership, process management, strategic development, and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrates intellectual depth and curiosity.
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.