Administrative Assistant - Andrews Institute
We currently have the following opening in the Nelson and Sue Andrews Institute for Civic Leadership
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Managing Director
Primary Function: Provide general administrative support (clerical, secretarial, office management, academic and non-academic program support) for the Andrews Institute for Civic Leadership and its full-time staff, part-time staff (adjunct instructors and temporary contractors) and graduate students.
Education: High school or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: One year of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience). Event management and social media background a plus.
Job Related Skills:
- Computer and software skills including a working knowledge of Word, Excel and Access and skill in the use of Mac, PC and compact hardware based information management tools (desk tops, lap tops, iPad, iPhone, and other compact, "smart devices" and associated "Apps" and software)
- Capacity and willingness to learn new computer skills such as paperless filing and records management, admissions processing, recruitment tracking software and course management software (Google Docs, Banner, Intelliworks, Blackboard, etc.)
- Strict confidentiality
- Telephone etiquette
- Strong attention to detail
- Event logistics
- Decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Initiate and problem solve in meeting day-to-day needs of the institute
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Positive, eager and helpful service attitude to proactively problem solve and thoroughly execute the routine and emerging administrative services and requests of the Andrews team, including the Managing Director, Executive Directors, and Academic Director.
- Ability to work and share responsibility with Andrews team for execution of academic and community programs.
- Ability to meet the short-term administrative requests of part-time staff (adjunct instructors and temporary contractors), graduate students and partners or supporters of the Institute who contact the program through a variety of contact points (email, phone, fax, text, etc.).
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.