Administrative Coordinator - Professional Studies
We currently have the following opening in the College of Professional Studies:
Position: Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Dean of the College of Professional Studies
Primary Function: Provides comprehensive administrative support for the College of Professional Studies, including serving as the assistant to the College Dean.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support to the Dean, and maintains the Dean's schedule and calendar.
- Perform general office support duties including answer phones, take messages, greet visitors, open mail, operate office equipment, run errands, and purchase office supplies all while using judgment and the interpretation of policies, rules, procedures and ordinances.
- Have access to a vehicle in order to pick up or deliver necessary products for meetings, conferences, etc.
- Oversees, coordinates and schedules all classes, events, and special events for the College of Professional Studies. Oversees administration of entering all of the classes into Banner.
Maintains, organizes and updates all activities and classes for the College of Professional Studies and its Conference Room on the:
- EMS Calendar
- Student Academic Calendar
- College Calendars
- Assists through leadership and coordination of details to ensure success of multiple College special events.
- Acts as a liaison between College departments, outside vendors, and staff members.
- Coordinates, organizes, and supervises specific administrative support projects and operations. Develops, implements, and facilitates improved office and departmental procedures and acts independently in completing basic management studies to ensure quality and efficiency in processes. Provides expert professional assistance to faculty and administrators.
- Attends to a variety of administrative details such as keeping informed of departmental activities, transmitting information, developing, implementing and interpreting policies and procedures and monitoring day to day operations of the College.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, forms, work orders, and specialized documents related to the College from drafts, notes, brief instructions, or corrected copy; proofreads materials for accuracy, completeness, compliance with departmental policies, formatting, and correct English usage, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Resolves administrative problems by analyzing information, identifying and communicating solutions. Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains rapport with faculty, staff and students by arranging continuing contacts, researching and developing new services and methods, setting priorities, and resolving problem situations.
- Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management; discovering irregularities; determining continuing needs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: Two years of related experience or specialized training (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Requires strong computer skills
- Organizational abilities
- Decision-making skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong supervisory skills
- Candidates should positively impact others, have a high energy level, driven to complete tasks, committed to high standards, and intuitively anticipate the needs of others.
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.