Administrative Assistant - Biology
We have the following part-time opening in the Department of Biology:
Position: Administrative Assistant, Part-Time
Reports to: Department of Biology Chairperson
Primary Responsibility: A part-time (20 hr/week) administrative assistant position in the department of Biology. This position requires excellent customer service skills and strong attention to detail.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the admissions process for the graduate program in biomolecular sciences.
- Coordinate all events related to the graduate program in biomolecular sciences (i.e. dinners, open houses, research seminars, etc.).
- Coordinate the graduate marketing program including preparation of information packets, mailers, and other recruiting materials.
- Assist with ordering and receiving laboratory supplies for the graduate program in biomeolecular sciences.
Education: High school or equivalent
Experience: Two years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Computer skills including a working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Access
- Telephone etiquette
- Decision-making skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Banner and/or Intelliworks administrative software experience would be a plus
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.