Summer Housing and Event Coordinator
We currently have the following opening in University Relations:
Position: Summer Housing and Event Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Vice President for University Relations
Primary Function: Coordinate all aspects of summer events housing as the liaison with the Office of Resident Life. Provide general clerical and administrative support for the Office of Event Management.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and coordinate dorm space and linen needs for summer events guests housed on campus.
- Coordinate summer housing reservations and room assignments for summer guests.
- Respond to issues involving summer residents including but not limited to emergencies, facilities request, or policy violations.
- Provide customer service to Event Line callers by answering questions, providing information, and directing calls to the appropriate area/person.
- Compile and maintain files/records of information required. Update and maintain database of information, produce defined reports as needed.
- Coordinate and direct correspondence, sort and distribute mail, type and prepare written correspondence and reports.
- Monitor event management’s regular inventory (linens, stands, etc.) and rental items from outside vendors.
- Assist with events as needed.
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable for the Event Management Office and complete budget transfers for internal expenses.
- Update and maintain the Event Management Website along with various online registration forms.
Education: High school or equivalent.
Experience: One year of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Requires computer skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Decision-making skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or knowledge of general Accounting practices preferred. Familiarity with EMS Campus, Vitasite, and/or Banner is a plus
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.