VA Certifying Official
We have the following opening in Veteran Services:
Position: Administrative Assistant and Veterans Certifying Official
Reports to: Assistant Director & School VA Certifying Official
Primary Responsibility: Serves as a liaison between student veteran beneficiaries and Department of Veterans Affairs, Vocational Rehabilitation, Veteran Service Organizations, university financial aid and business offices. Disseminates information regarding Federal, State and University financial resources available to current and perspective VA applicants and beneficiaries.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate benefit certifications within the VA system and resolve discrepancies by VA along with researching and reconciling financial payments
- Serve as initial contact for perspective students and provide program specifics and financial breakdown; connect students to appropriate counseling resources
- Monitor each beneficiary’s academic record for compliance with VA rules and regulations, and prepares/maintains student files for DVA compliance & inspection
- Generates statistical reports in preparation for executive decisions and assist with daily oversight of VA work-study students
Education: High school or equivalent; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: At least one year of related experience or specialized training (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Computer skills including a working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Access
- Telephone etiquette
- Decision-making skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.