Clinical Placement Coordinator
We have the following opening in the Lipscomb University School of Nursing:
Position: Clinical Placement Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Associate Dean of the School of Nursing
Primary Responsibility: Serve as the coordinator of clinical lab placements utilizing the program management system to secure and maintain relationships with clinical partners. Maintain compliance in all areas required by the clinical facilities and manage documentation needed to demonstrate compliance for required audits. Secure additional clinical placements and coordinate the process to obtain contracts for clinical facilities.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a liaison between the Tennessee Clinical Placement Service and the Executive Associate Dean and faculty members of the Lipscomb University School of Nursing. Represent the School of Nursing to the local hospitals and nurse educators.
- Maintain relationships with current partnerships and secure additional partnerships as needed.
- Manage health records, demographic information, and clinical portfolios through the E-Value program management system.
- Assist other staff members with student events such as nursing orientation, Advance, Pinning Ceremony, etc
- Assist the Simulation Lab Coordinator with scheduling of lab events, Sim Manager, and Sim View Scheduling Software.
- Assist with the Scheduling of clinical groups and classes for Banner.
- Place orders for supplies that have been requested by Simulation Lab Coordinator.
Education: High School or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: One to two years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Computer skills including a working knowledge of Word, Excel and Access
- Strict confidentiality
- Telephone etiquette
- Strong attention to detail
- Decision-making skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Perform other duties as assigned
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.