Associate Director for Administration (SPARK)
Spark: Lipscomb’s Idea Center in Cool Springs
Spark: Lipscomb’s Idea Center (“Spark”) integrates people with innovative architecture, furniture and technology, creating both community spaces and private studios for off-site meetings, professional development, design thinking and collaboration. As part of Lipscomb University, Spark is also a dedicated space for academics, offering graduate degrees in business, technology, education and counseling. Whether it's a meeting or a master's, Spark is an idea center that's far from business as usual located in heart of Cool Springs.
Position: Associate Director for Administration
Reports To: Executive Director, Spark: Lipscomb’s Idea Center
Primary Responsibility: The Associate Director for Administration is a full-time position responsible for working with the Executive Director on planning, organizing, and directing the day-to-day operations of Spark in Cool Springs.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Executive Director on the research, design, development, and coordination of projects and strategic initiatives.
- Supervises, hires, trains, and evaluates staff. Works with employees to correct deficiencies and recommends and implements corrective action and discipline.
- Manages the hospitality and customer service functions of Spark.
- Works with vendors, contractors, and Lipscomb University Facilities Department to maintain the Spark facility.
- Conducts surveys/studies relevant to organizational management.
- Assists the Executive Director in preparing and monitoring organizational goals and develops objectives and activities based on same.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of financial and administrative reports; analyzes and interprets data for predicting resource needs and developing long range plans.
- Serves as representative of Spark and/or Lipscomb University at local, state, regional, and/or national organizations, boards, councils, and committees as assigned.
- Acts as liaison with the administration, students, faculty, and staff in facilitating the Lipscomb University academic programs at Spark.
- Develops, maintains, and implements Spark policies and procedures.
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required with the preference for a master’s degree that either has been obtained or is in progress.
Experience: At least three (“3”) years in operations management . Experience in higher education administration is preferred.
Job Related Skills:
- A strong commitment to Christian higher education and particularly the work and mission of Lipscomb University.
- Uncompromising ethical conduct and convictions.
- Strong influencing skills combined with an interpersonal style conducive to building the relationships and partnerships required for success.
- Collaborative management style.
- Seek to understand and be responsive to customer needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, business development, client management, operations, and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced and community-focused environment.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Utilizes Spark’s financial performance and its key drivers as a basis for managerial decisions.
- Understanding of the academic mission of Spark.
Availability: Accepting applications immediately.
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.