Program Coord/Asst Assoc Provost
We have the following opening in the Lipscomb University Office of the Provost:
Position: Program Coordinator and Assistant to the Associate Provost for Academic Administration and Strategic Initiatives
Reports to: Associate Provost for Academic Administration and Strategic Initiatives
Primary Function: Provides general clerical, secretarial, project management, and administrative support for the Associate Provost for Academic Administration and Strategic Initiatives.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides customer service to callers by answering questions, providing information, and directing calls to the appropriate area/person. Acts as a liaison between the faculty and students, exchange information as appropriate.
- Manages and processes new adjunct hires and the monthly adjunct payroll system in Banner.
- Schedules and organizes meetings, coordinates space and equipment needs.
- Compiles and maintains files/records of information required. Updates and maintains database of information, produces defined reports as needed.
- Coordinates and directs correspondence, sort and distribute mail, type and prepare written correspondence and reports. Types, prepares and copies materials for meetings.
- Works independently to manage projects assigned in a timely manner to accomplish goals of the project and meet deadlines.
- Provides basic training needs for faculty and staff on processes and software used in projects.
- Works with the appropriate departments and faculty as needed to accomplish project objectives in a timely manner.
Education: High school or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: One to three years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of problem-solving skills and creativity
- Coordination of complex schedules, multiple projects and special events
- Decision-making skills
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.