We have the following opening in the Lipscomb University Facilities Department:
Position: Maintenance Technician – 2nd Shift
Reports to: Building Engineer Supervisor
Primary Function: Provide routine inspection and maintenance repair service to campus buildings. Provide first response for all routine repairs. Contact the appropriate designated service specialist when appropriate to request response to need(s) not covered by Maintenance Technicians. Ensure completion of repairs made by designated specialist. Perform maintenance as assigned and where need is observed. Duties may include any combination of the following.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electrical: Repair or replace lights, ballasts, receptacles, and switches. Replace fuses, locate and reset breakers; fix other electrical problems.
- Plumbing: Replace flush valves, flappers, plunge and auger slow or clogged drains. Rebuild faucets; respond to complaints concerning plumbing problems.
- Carpentry: Repair drawers, closet doors, room doors and fix other minor wood working needs.
- HVAC: Repair leaking units. Determine cause of heat/cooling problems. Maintain familiarity with computer operations of HVAC systems.
- Glass: Install small glass and plexiglass pieces in doors and dorm rooms.
- Ceiling and Tile: Cut and replace acoustic tiles in dorms and repair bath tile.
Education: High school diploma required.
Experience: At least two (2) years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Ability to perform general maintenance repairs.
- Ability to identify items in need of repair.
- Determine appropriate resource to contact if expertise is needed.
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.