Meeting and Technology Consultant
Spark: Lipscomb’s Idea Center in Cool Springs
Spark: Lipscomb’s Idea Center (“Spark”) integrates people with innovative architecture, furniture and technology, creating both community spaces and private studios for off-site meetings, professional development, design thinking and collaboration. As part of Lipscomb University, Spark is also a dedicated space for academics, offering graduate degrees in business, technology, education and counseling. Whether it's a meeting or a master's, Spark is an idea center that's far from business as usual located in heart of Cool Springs.
Position: Meeting & Technology Consultant
Reports To: Executive Director, Spark: Lipscomb’s Idea Center
Primary Responsibility: The Meeting & Technology Consultant is a full-time position responsible for managing Spark’s innovative technology and delivering outstanding education or meeting experiences to every client and student.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist clients, faculty and students in the use of Spark’s technology.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Spark capabilities.
- Educate clientele on how to use Spark’s technology resources.
- Coordinate technology and audio/visual resources for each class, meeting or event.
- Assess any malfunction of hardware or software and determine appropriate solution.
- Deliver an excellent education or meeting experience to every participant.
- Work with clientele on designing meetings or events and make recommendations based on their needs.
- Provide set up, tear down and other logistical support related to classes, meetings and events.
- Coordinate the involvement of various outside vendors and internal Lipscomb University departments as needed for classes, meetings or events.
- Assist with catering needs related to classes, meetings and events.
- Support Lipscomb faculty members with needs related to delivery of academic programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One year experience in IT or equivalent.
Job Related Skills:
- A strong commitment to Christian higher education and particularly the work and mission of Lipscomb University.
- Uncompromising ethical conduct and convictions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team player who is able to work well with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with users on how to use Spark’s technology.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced and community-focused environment.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
- Self-motivated with high-energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive image of Spark to the public.
- General knowledge of educational technology, computers, digital displays and information management.
- Ability to engage in regular lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling and/or crouching.
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends.
Availability: Accepting applications immediately.
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.