Administrative Assistant - College of Business
We have the following opening in the College of Business:
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Associate Dean for Graduate Business Programs
Primary Responsibility: Provide general clerical, secretarial, and administrative support for the Graduate School of Business recruiting.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service to callers by answering questions, providing information, and directing calls to the appropriate area/person. Act as a liaison between the staff, faculty, Dean or Administrator and students, exchange information as appropriate.
- Schedule and organize meetings, coordinate space and equipment needs for marketing and enrollment events, including Information Sessions, sponsored events.
- Compile and maintain files/records of information required as it relates to prospective students. Update and maintain Intelliworks database, produce defined reports as needed. Includes admitting students into Banner.
- Coordinate and direct correspondence, sort and distribute mail, type and prepare written correspondence and reports.
- Work with recruiter to schedule consultations, interviews, class visits, etc with prospective students.
- Maintains correspondence with prospective students through Orientation, including prerequisite course.
- Initial set up of Corporate Partnerships with students that qualify.
Education: High School diploma
Experience: One (1) year of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
- Computer skills including a working knowledge of Word, Excel and Access
- Strict confidentiality
- Telephone etiquette
- Strong attention to detail
- Decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The online application is the preferred way you can apply for employment. If it better suits your needs, an application can be accessed in PDF format and submitted in person, via U.S. mail or by fax (615-966-7003).
Lipscomb University is associated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ and governed by religious tenets held by the institution. Primary consideration is given to staff applicants who are active, faithful members of a congregation of the Church of Christ. Lipscomb University complies with all applicable federal and state nondiscrimination laws and does not engage in prohibited discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its employment practices.