Where Planning For College Is Balanced By Preparing For Life
As a college preparatory school, Lipscomb Academy takes a multifaceted approach to educating high schoolers, helping them mature into thoughtful scholars, faithful Christians, and graceful leaders.
For the upper grades, we strive to ready our youngsters not only for college, but for life. We want to set them on a path to success intellectually, personally, and spiritually. Challenging and engaging coursework—including many advanced course options—prepares them for the demands of college. Through the arts, athletics, and extracurricular activities, they build creativity, teamwork, and confidence.
- College counseling begins in ninth grade with a four-year plan that helps students build strong study habits, grades, test skills, and resumes.
- At each grade level, students participate in service learning projects to foster civic mindedness and generosity of spirit.
- Qualified students can take advantage of Honors, AP, dual-credit and Lipscomb University classes.
During their high-school years, students continue to explore their religious beliefs though Bible classes, community worship, and private reflection. They begin to truly internalize their faith, and prepare to make good decisions and live according to Christian values when out on their own.
High School Highlights
- Approximately 50 students will take more than 100 courses at Lipscomb University each year
- More than 40 advanced classes offered in grades 7 through 12
- Juniors and Seniors earned 199 dual enrollment or AP credits
- Average ACT score is 25
- 100% of 2016 graduates went on to higher education
- 60% of graduates earn college credit while still in High School