Applying for a semester in Britain (opening Fall 2013!), Europe or Latin America
Make a semester in Britain, Europe, or Latin America with Lipscomb professors and students part of your college experience!
- An interest in learning from the people and culture you will encounter, a flexible and humble spirit and a desire to reflect Christ throughout the experience.
- Good standing with the university
- A 2.5 minimum GPA at time of application*
- Complete the application process (below)
- Have completed one full-time semester at the time of participation
Application process - It is the student's responsibility to stay in touch with the Office of Global Learning to confirm your file is complete
- Submit online application.
- Pay a $100 application fee** at the LU Cashier's Window in Crisman. Make sure your check, cash or card deposit form states which program and year you are applying for. Then, bring a copy of your deposit receipt to the Office of Global Learning, in the basement of Johnson Hall.
- Two recommendations (please use our form). Get one from a Lipscomb employee (preferably a professor) and one to a non-Lipscomb person (such as a youth minister, employer, etc.) that has known you longer than 4 years. If you are new to campus, please wait to request a recommendation till you have known him or her for close to a semester. Have them return it to the Office of Global Learning. (Recommendation form - PDF version; Word version)
- Interview with the Global Learning Office - scheduled after the three components above are complete.
- Supply a copy of your current passport at time of application or by the deadline requested by the program. It should be valid for a minimum of 6 months after your planned return. If you do not have a current passport or it is expired, you should apply a minimum of 20 weeks prior to your trip. Click here for more information. Passport photos may be obtained at the Lipscomb Univ. Post Office.
* If you do not have a 2.5 at time at application, you will be placed at the top of a waiting list and given the opportunity to raise it to a 2.5 by the end of May for Vienna and August for Santiago.
** If your application is accepted and you decide not to participate, your deposit is non-refundable.
- Student applications are placed in the order they are received along with an application fee (see above).
- Acceptance is decided after recommendations are received and the interview is conducted.