Faculty Budget Building Prompts
Answers to the following questions will help calculate all costs associated with your global course thereby establishing a course price.
- What is your destination(s)?
- How many days will the travel portion of the course be? Are your dates flexible?
- Do you think you can recruit at least 10 students for the course?
- Will you and your students need a visa to travel to the destination(s) on your itinerary? (Note: our international students often have different requirements than U.S. citizens.) If visas are required, what is the processing time?
- Are there immunizations required or recommended for any of your destinations? If so, what is the cost and length of time needed before departure?
- What is your goal budget per student (excluding tuition)?
- Does your group need lodging? If so, what level of accommodations would you like? (Do you have any specific hotels you are interested in?)
- What types of ground transportation do you need and for what purposes?
- What types of tours would you like for your course?
- How many meals do you want included in the budget?
- Is your department planning to supplement any of the faculty expenses or will all of them need to be built into the program fees?
- What other costs will be incurred? Will your department or the student program fees cover these costs? (Consider pre-departure meetings, debriefing/classroom space on-location and/or gifts to the host organizations, tips for the guides.)
- Will you include a group travel accessory (padfolio, umbrella, etc)?
Please click here for a printable pdf version.