Terms and Conditions of Your Award
- Awards are based on full-time enrollment of 12 hours. Scholarships are not available to students who are enrolled less than full-time. Full-time for 100% value for federal funds is also 12 semester hours. All Financial Aid Awards can be reviewed online through myLipscomb.
- Specific GPA requirements must be met for Institutional and other funds in order to renew those funds (see catalog).
- To qualify for continuing Financial Aid at Lipscomb University a student must show “Satisfactory Academic Progress.” To maintain satisfactory progress a student must meet the following conditions:
- Qualitative - Students must be accepted for admission and eligible to enroll for classes. In addition students must achieve and maintain a cumulative GPA based on each University academic requirements.
- Quantitative - All students must earn a cumulative minimum of 75% of all hours attempted. Students cannot receive federal aid after attempting 150% of the hours required for completion of their academic program.
- Financial Aid Warning and Probation are not the same as Lipscomb University Academic probation and/or suspension.
- Additional Information regarding Satisfactory Academic Progress is available on our website under “Keeping your Aid”, financialaid.lipscomb.edu and the University Catalog.
- If a student goes below the required 3.0 cumulative GPA for academic scholarships (3.25 required for Trustee, National Merit Finalist and Semi-Finalist), he or she will lose the scholarship. The scholarship can be reinstated when the cumulative GPA returns to a 3.0 or better after taking a full-time load at Lipscomb (12 hours in fall and spring). To request reinstatement, complete the form Scholarship: Request for Awarding or Reinstatement found at financialaid.lipscomb.edu.
If a student is placed on probation of any kind, all Institutional Funds are removed. After the probation is removed, reinstatement may be granted upon written request to the Financial Aid Office. To request reinstatement, complete the form Scholarship: Request for Awarding or Reinstatement found at financialaid.lipscomb.edu.
- Financial Aid Awards are based on information at the time of award. Awards are subject to change (increase or decrease), including Lipscomb Memorial Grants, pending completion of verification as well as updated test scores or when other outside sources are applied. A student is required to report in writing any additional funds received from outside sources.
- Most institutional scholarships are available through 126 attempted credit hours (unless the major requires more hours). Double majors and/or changing majors are not legitimate reasons for exceeding the limit. A student must request an extension under certain conditions (see catalog).
- For financial aid eligibility for undergraduate students enrolled in the Pharmacy Program at Lipscomb please refer to the current undergraduate catalog, online at www.lipscomb.edu. Scholarships are limited.
- Off-campus students are not eligible to have a meal plan covered by institutional aid. Certain Lipscomb scholarships require a student to live on campus. A student should check with the Financial Aid Office before choosing to live off campus.
- Any student receiving a state add-on scholarship that is awarded above $1000.00 for the school year will be required to live on campus.
- Church of Christ Scholarships have caps and stacking limits. For detailed information check with the Financial Aid Office. An employment verification form and documented signature MUST be in place before the scholarship is applied to the student’s award.
- Lipscomb Memorial Grants are not guaranteed each Award year. These grants are based on need as determined by the current year FAFSA.
- A student receiving the Tennessee HOPE Scholarship can review all requirements to qualify and renew the scholarship at www.collegepaystn.com. A student must not drop below full time enrollment in a semester in order to renew the scholarship.
- A student must notify the school if withdrawing from the university. If a student withdraws or reduces his or her course load after the receipt of financial aid funds, scholarships and other aid will be removed and the student will be responsible for the balance.
- The initial-entry scholarships will not be offered if the student's intention was to withdraw from Lipscomb and enroll in another school for a semester or more as a regular student (not a transient). Students taking less than full time summer classes while at home for summer break are excluded from this policy. Leaving Lipscomb in the fall or spring term to enroll at another college or university, or students away from Lipscomb for more than one semester will result in transfer student status upon return and cannot increase initial award value.
- If you qualify for a Federal Stafford Loan, in order to receive it you MUST follow the instructions to apply for the loan. You must also sign a Master Promissory Note and complete Entrance Counseling with the Department of Education online for the funds to be released to the school.
- If you qualify for a Federal Perkins loan, in order to receive it you MUST follow the instructions to apply for the loan. These funds are limited. You must also sign a Master Promissory Note.
- Please refer to the catalog (http://catalog.lipscomb.edu) for all requirements.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or call us at 1-800-333-4358,
ext. 1791 or (615)966-1791. Thank You! Financialaid.lipscomb.edu