Processing Your Aid
The Financial Aid Office at Lipscomb University will receive your FAFSA. It can take up to a week for our office to receive your results from the Department of Education. The Department of Education notifies the student by email to review their Student Aid Report. The Student Aid Report will list aid you are eligible to receive from the federal government. The Office of Financial Aid will receive your FAFSA from the Department of Education and then begin the awarding process.
- We review your FAFSA results (Expected Family Contribution, EFC) from the Federal Processor.
- We determine your Cost of Attendance (Budget) based on your program of study and/or living on/off campus.
- We calculate your financial aid eligibility for the academic year. Awards are based on current information but may be adjusted if circumstances change. (Example: outside scholarships, grants, military benefits)
- If selected for Verification, the student can be notified in three different ways.
- Student Aid Report (SAR).
- A financial aid requirement will be added to your myLipscomb account.
- A courtesy email will be sent to the students Lipscomb email account .
5. We verify that you are maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress.