We've engineered the perfect degree for your step into technical management...
You've earned your technical degree and entered the world of work. Now you want to be a manager, but know you're lacking some necessary skills. Lipscomb's Master of Management: Engineering is a unique graduate degree where you'll learn what it takes to enhance both your leadership and technical skills at one of the top colleges in the South.
Offered through the Raymond B. Jones College of Engineering in partnership with Lipscomb's College of Business, this graduate program is specifically designed for those working in engineering organizations who are ready to advance their careers to the next level. Our program is designed for busy working professionals, blending engineering and business, allowing you to remain technically astute while acquiring valuable management skills. Engineering managers possess both an ability to apply engineering principles and a skill in organizing and directing technical projects and people in technical jobs. Approximately two-thirds of all engineers spend a substantial portion of their careers as managers, and this degree program develops and enhances their management skills.
Classes offered in the evenings and selected weekends on campus which provides valuable opportunities to network and develop relationships with others in a variety of disciplines within the industry without taking too much time away from your work responsibilities and family. The curriculum focuses on the unique requirements of technical management, in three broad areas: Leadership, Business Know-How, and Operational/Technical Management including: finance, economics, and accounting, project management, quality and optimization, leadership, strategic decision making, and entrepreneurship.
All of our engineering professors bring a wealth of industry experience to the classroom, thus you get real world and academic theory combined.
Fast Facts About Lipscomb
- In U.S. News & World Report, Lipscomb ranked within the Top 20 regional universities in the South and was named an “up-and-coming” university in the region. U.S. News also ranked Lipscomb as the second-best regional university in the South for veterans.
- For the first time, Lipscomb University was named to the Kiplinger Personal Finance list of 100 best values in private universities for 2015.
- Lipscomb is ranked in the top 12 percent in the nation on Washington Monthly’s “Best Bang for the Buck” 2013 list of colleges considered the best economic value per dollar invested.
- Selected as one of the country’s most environmentally responsible colleges to be included in the 2014 “The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges.”
- Lipscomb has been listed as one of G.I. Job’s Military Friendly Schools for six straight years (and one of Military Times’ Top 25 Best for Vets Business Schools in 2013).
- Lipscomb University was honored as a College of Distinction for the 2014-2015 school year.