Dr. Junior High, Director of Undergraduate Studies, Professor of Education
Office Location: Ezell 335
Faculty Phone: 615-966-6067
Faculty Fax: 615.966.7628
Title: Director of Undergraduate Studies, Professor of Education
Courses: Best Practices, Student Teaching Seminar
Start Date at Lipscomb: August 2001
- BS (David Lipscomb College)
- M.Ed. (Middle Tennessee State University)
- Ed.D. (Trevecca Nazarane University)
Area of Expertise:
- Trainer for Stephen Covey’s Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
Primary Research Interest:
- Fidelity of Implementation of classroom practices
- Meeting the needs of diversity in the classroom
Awards and Honors:
- Distinguished Alumni Award from Lipscomb University – 1999
- Exemplary Award – Doctorate Project at Trevecca - 2001
- iSTEM Grant with Ben Hutchinson for 2012-13
- ASCD (formerly the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development)
- Phi Kappa Delta
- 31 years in the Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools.
- Eleven of those years were at Head School, working with 5th & 6th graders.
- Forming administrator at Cole, Fehr, McGavock, and Hattie Cotton Elementaries.
- Taught GED at Nashville Tech for approximately 12 years.